|Enemies||President Business (formerly)|
|Friends|| Wyldstyle (girlfriend)|
- "I am a Master Builder!"
- -Emmet, announcing his newfound self-indentity
Emmet Brickowski is the main protagonist of The LEGO Movie. In the movie, he is mistaken as a Master Builder and sets out on a mission to save the world. He is voiced by Chris Pratt. With the help of his friends, Emmet must stop Lord Business.
Emmet is the main character of The LEGO Movie and the one who is prophesied to save the Lego world from President Business who intends to use a powerful relic called the Kragle. His main occupation is as a construction worker.
Emmet and Lucy's Children are Shawn Bradley Brickowski, Alan Max Brickowski, and Cheyenne Elizabeth Brickowski.
- Good morning apartment, good morning ceiling, good morning doorway, good morning floor! Ready to start the day!
- (Hums) Ah, here it is. Instuctions to fit in, have everybody like you, and always be happy!
- Step 1, breathe. (breathes)
- Step 2, greet the day, smile and say: "Good Morning, City!"
- Step 3, Exercise.
- Jumping jacks, hit'em! 1... (click) ...2... (click) ...3! (click) I'm so pumped up!!
- Step 4, shower.
- And always be sure to keep the soap out of your AAAAHHH!!!
- Shave your face, Brush your teeth, Comb your hair.
- Wear clothes!
- Ooop, I almost forgot that one!
- (Tries to find construction clothes) No, no, uh-uh, got that wrong. And that's it, check.
- Step nine, eat a complete breakfast with all the special people in your life.
- Hey, planty, what are you going to do this morning? Watch TV? Me too!
- You have a great day too, President Business. Man, he's such a cool guy. I always wanna hear more of...wait! Did he say put to sleep?!
- What was I just thinking? I don't care.
- Step eleven, greet your neighbors.
- Oh, hey Jasmine, Dexter, Angie, Loki, Brad, Leroy, Fluffy, Fluffy Junior, Fluffy Senior, Jeff.
- Step twelve, obey all traffic signs and regulations.
- Step thirteen, enjoy popular music.
- Oh my Gosh, I love this song! [Everything is Awesome turns on]
- Hey pal, I hate to tell you this, I don't think you're supposed to be here. Well, I'll just have to report yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......
- I want to go home! [A house appears in front of him] This is not what I meant!
- Oh my G-O-S-H!
- Hey, listen do you think you can explain to me why I'm dressed like this, and what those big words in the sky were all about, and, like where we are, in... time?
- Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening.
- You guys are so talented and imaginative... but you can't work as a team. I'm just a construction worker, but when I have a plan and we were working together, we could build a skyscraper. Now you guys are Master Builders. Just imagine what you could do if you did that! ...You could save the universe!
- But I can't do any of the things the prophecy says I'm supposed to do.
- I would rather he not die!
- President Business is going to end the world? But he's such a nice guy! And Octan, they make good stuff: Dairy products, TV shows, coffee, surveillance cameras, all history books, voting machines...wait a minute.
- Well howdy there! I'm a cowboy! Bang, bang, bang. Shoot, shoot. Bullet, bullet, gun. Zap, pow, zap, pow. What are they all looking at?
- Well I'm dark and brooding too- guys, look! A rainbow!
- But there's no signs anywhere! How do you know what not to do?
- Hello! I'm Emmet... oh and this is the Piece of Resistance.
- That is against the instructions!!
- That's not true. For instance, one time I wanted to have a bunch of my friends over to watch TV.
- Not unlike this TV that just showed up magically. And not everybody could fit on my one couch.
- And I thought to myself, well, what if there's such a thing as a bunk bed, but as a couch?
- Introducing "the double decker couch", so everyone could watch TV together and be buddies!
- Who's The Man Upstairs?
- Does he have super gross hands that look like they're made out of big pink sausages, like eagle talons mixed with squid?
- Wow! That's what I was just thinking about!
- I had this weird dream when I touched the Piece. Well, I...I mean I wasn't asleep, so it wasn't really dream...
- But I can't do any of the stuff that the prophecy says I'm supposed to do.
- I don't know what I'm doing. Aaahh!
- Ah! I got pigs! I hate pigs!
- Emmet Time!!!!
- Wyldstyle, we could really use your help!
- No, let's not let Emmet try! I haven't had any training!
- What are we gonna do?
- That's your boyfriend?
- Batman, huh? Where did you guys meet?
- Oh, no. You're boyfriend's gone.
- So, uh... Hey, guys? I think we're about to crash into the sun.
- Uh...is this Cloud Cuckoo Land? I don't see any clouds, or cuckoos.
- Am I just gonna keep...falling...forever?!
- Is this another vision?
- Where am I? Is that.....the Office Tower?
- What was that?!
- What in the world is that?
- It's adorable.
- More Kragles?!
- Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! All of those are my friends! No! Stop it!
- The Piece of Resistance! I can still save them.
- Well for what it's worth, this has been about the greatest 15 minutes of my life.
- I'm dark and rooting too. Hey guys, look a rainbow!
- I gotta get the Piece of Resistance. If I could get the attention of the smaller creature. I gotta move.
- Sorry, street.
- I can see everything!
- I am a Master Builder.
- Lucy, I'm going inside that thing.
- Take that! Ha-ha! Come here! (destroying Micromanagers)
- No! Quit tearing me apart!!
- Come on!
- Eeerrrragh!!!! (Still destroying micromanagers, finally manages to break into Lord Business's aircraft)
- No, stop! Please! If you do one thing and I'm gonna unleash my secret weapon!
- Yes. It's called "The Power of the Special".
- Alright. Here it comes. My secret weapon...is this.
- It's my hand. I want you to take it.
- I want you to join me. Look at all the things that people built. You might see a mess. For what I see are people inspired by each other, and by you. People take things from what you have, are making something new out of it.
- You........don't have to be.......the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. The prophecy is made up, but it's also true. It's about all of us. Right
- now, it's about you, and you....still.....can change everything.
- Oh, we got a hugger.
- Be careful. I have been told....it might explode.
- Hey, everyone! Is everyone okay? Where's Lucy?
- Well, things sure have a way of working out smoothly. Am I right, guys?
- Oh man.
Being the main character of the film, Emmet is a common playable character in the story levels of the game. Emmet uses a Drill and a Wrench in the game. The Drill can destroy cracked tiling/parts and the Wrench can fix broken machinery. With the introduction of the Instruction Build and Master Build characters in this game, most of the time Emmet has to find instruction pages to build, that is, until the last two levels of the game where he finally becomes a Master Builder. It should be noted that he has the most variations of anyone in the game:
- Piece of Resistance
- Lego Piece
- Trash Can
- Old West
- Robot Disguise
- Master Builder
Emmet wears a normal orange and blue construction vest and pants with silver lined on the back, front, and underneath the hips. On his left leg is a black and silver standard-issue ID badge with his name on it in white. There is a small image on the badge that shows a bald minifigure and a bio portrayed by indistinguishable silver bars. Like most minifigures in the film, he has yellow skin and no pupils in his eyes. His hair is brown with several ripples in it and a bit of hair sticking out of the back.
Abilities and SkillsEdit
Despite being quite normal at the beginning of the film, Emmet has several talents, such as being good at repairing broken objects, handling a power drill, being good at team work, and even being able to wield a wooden axe like an expert. Emmet is also shown to be quite smart, seeing as he comes up with the entire plan to infiltrate the Octan Tower which almost worked. After returning from the human world, Emmet gains the ability to be a Master Builder and creates a Mech out of construction vehicles, making him also very creative and skilled in building. He is also skilled in fighting, shown when destroys an entire force of Skeletrons using his fists and the Piece of Resistance. Even before becoming a Master Builder he was still skilled enough with fighting to destroy Robo SWATs.
- Emmet's hair is very similar to another common hair piece, except for the ripples and the hair sticking out.